Hello, I’m Kyle and I play and write games. I do this because games are art and they connect me to lovely people and the wonderful mysteries of life. I couldn’t find the perfect place to share my thoughts and experiences about games, so I thought I’d make the perfect place. If you want to see the games and art that I make, go here.
What kind of games am I talking about here?
- Indie games from places like Itch.io and Indiepressrevolution.com
- Things I think are games but others might not
- Not video games or D&D content (those are better covered in other places)
What games have I played recently ?
- Grapefruit: A Book of Instructions and Drawings by Yoko Ono ©1964
- Mist-Robed Gate by Elizabeth Sampat ©2009
- Dream Askew by Avery Alder ©2013
- The Skeletons by Jason Morningstar ©2016
- Companion’s Quest by Laura Simpson ©2017
- Vanagard by Andrew Valkauskas ©2017
- Game Poems by Anna Anthropy ©2018
- Moose Trip by Kira Magrann ©2019
What games do I want to play soon?
- Swords Without Master by Epidiah Ravachol ©2013
- Shelter by Sara Williamson ©2014
- Alone Among the Stars by Takuma Okada ©2018
- Casual Games for Hikers by Harry Giles ©2018
- Around the Couch by Rrok Anrolle ©2019
What is a game anyway?
“The voluntary attempt to overcome unnecessary obstacles”.Bernard Suits, The Grasshopper: Games, Life and Utopia, 1978
I like to think of a game, and art in general, as something that helps you read the text of the world in a different way. Games often require that you take on a participatory role to bring out that unique reading.
What should I add the list of game I should play?
Is there a game you think I would like? Have you written a game I should play? Want to bump a certain game to the top of my list? Drop me an email!